Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

String art commission.


So, an extremely good friend of mine is a very talented hair stylist who opened her own shop a few years ago. She came to me to commission two pieces of art to go in her hair studio, One of her grandmother and one of her great grandmother. I think on both her mother and fathers side respectively. After toying around with a few mediums for a looong time, I decided to do it like this. 

It is an MDF backer board and 1.5 inch nails with black and pink thread. This was my first project in this style and I had a lot of fun. I still have another portrait to do but I think it will be in another style. 

If I had to do it again I would paint the background first. 

PS 
The farther back you are the better it looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment