Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh My Precious Whore.

Well, to summarize.

I am currently working on the graphical overhaul of a rather awesome webgame.

It is called "The Farplane Wars" its pretty neat, I actually played the game a while back and I really loved it, I reached out to the developer just to tell him how much I liked it, I mentioned that if he was ever working on any new projects I would like to be involved. I didn't even know what I was offering but I wanted to do something.

The game itself is a space themed strategy game. You choose your responses to determine your outcome. There is also a mixed element of scrolling shooter, colony management and ship upgrades. Something about it really made me like it, it just grabbed my interest from the beginning and never let go, despite the sub par visual work. Now it will receive an overhaul from yours truly. Which should be the equivalent of me scribbling some geometry and adding cannons to it.

No, I kid.

Anyway, the funny part is that after I started working on it I was looking up some stuff from the author and realized that he was the dude who wrote one of the best roll your own adventure zombie game I had ever played, "After the End" if you ever played it you know what I mean.

Then it all made sense why the story for Farplane wrapped me up so well. The guy knows how to tell a story.

The ratings for the games over at Newgrounds are strange, it seems that the comment scores are great but overall it is a little disappointing. I am linking both games at newgrounds. Play them, don't play them, rate them, don't rate them. Just don't waste your day jacking off to the Sims.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're having fun doing these games. :) I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your last sentence made me raise an eyebrow. I'm digging the zombie game. I want to do all the stories :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice. Have to play these games

    ReplyDelete